Parachuting (Skydiving, Flying, & related activities) is, by its nature, a high risk activity and may cause or result in serious injury or death.
Regardless of any advertising or other written, verbal, or perceived claims to the contrary, parachuting is a high-speed dangerous activity that can severly injure or kill you. In spite of everyone’s intentions, there is no such thing as perfect parachute equipment, a perfect drop zone, a perfect airplane, a perfect instructor, a perfect pilot, a perfect parachute rigger, a perfect packer, a perfect skydiver, or a perfect student, and each of these factors and others involved will likely fail to perform as intended on occasion, possibly resulting in grave consequences, including serious injury or death.
Parachuting is a privilege, and those who participate do so of their own free will and acknowledge the risks involved. In return for the privilege, they knowingly give up certain rights and agree that neither they, nor anyone on their behalf, will seek damages from any person or entity involved, including but not limited to dropzones, instructors, aircraft owners, equipment manufacturers and suppliers.
Automatic Activation Devices (AADs) are strictly backup devices and are not intended to replace proper training or timely execution of appropriate emergency procedures. Use of an AAD may even cause injury or death under certain circumstances. Prior to any use of an AAD, you must consult all relevant equipment manufacturers’ owners and operating manuals, and must obtain training from a properly qualified instructor to become more familiar with the risks involved and to ensure proper use of your equipment, including the AAD.
The “CYPRES” AAD has been on the market for over 20 years, has a near-perfect reliability record and has likely saved thousands of lives. Statistics indicate that its use tends to reduce the risk of serious injury or death. However, it must be understood that CYPRES does not eliminate these risks, and in certain rare circumstances it may even increase the risks.
The CYPRES is strictly a backup device which may or may not save your life or prevent serious injury. The CYPRES is an electromechanical device and as such, the possibility of a malfunction can not be excluded. The CYPRES does not open or deploy a parachute. It simply cuts a loop, which should allow the parachute opening sequence to begin. Because of many variables, this opening sequence may or may not occur at all, or in time to save your life or prevent injury. In an emergency, nothing, including the CYPRES, replaces your responsibility to activate your reserve parachute in a timely manner. If you, your family, relatives, or friends are not willing to accept these risks, please discontinue the use of CYPRES, and seriously consider taking up a safer sport!
Download PDF ATTENTION DZO'S: click on link to download 11x17 printable poster or contact us for a free laminated version.
Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on SSK Industries's web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on SSK Industries's web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by SSK Industries at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on SSK Industries's web site are provided "as is". SSK Industries makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, SSK Industries does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall SSK Industries or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on SSK Industries's Internet site, even if SSK Industries or a SSK Industries authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on SSK Industries's web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. SSK Industries does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. SSK Industries may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. SSK Industries does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
SSK Industries has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by SSK Industries of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to SSK Industries's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.