This feature can be accomplished by a set series of control unit button pushes until the appropriate model can be selected. The setting procedures are specially designed to make unwanted changes impossible. The current model / setting version is visually recognizable on the control unit display when the unit is on.
There are still many jumpers that prefer the original CYPRES philosophy of having a single mode unit. It is a personal choice. The C-Mode is a simple and safe solution, but there is the additional responsibility of the user to assure it is set in the correct mode.
Note: Model conversions for the Expert, Student, Tandem and Speed CYPRES 2 are available and performed at SSK and Airtec at no cost to the user other than shipping. (If it is still within the warranty time frame and/or if the scheduled maintenance has been carried out in time.)
The CYPRES Advantage & Features
- Unrivaled RELIABILTY
- 32+ years of experience
- 5,200+ saves
- Has accompanied more than 165 Million jumps
- 268,000+ units produced
- Has never failed to activate and cut the loop when the conditions were met*
- 15.5 year lifetime warranty.**
- No user battery replacement – no cost to user for batteries.
- Predictable cost of ownership.
- User-Selectable Activation Altitude.
- Dropzone offset.
- Superior cutter design has always cut the reserve closing loop cleanly, even with no tension on the loop.
- Unique V-cut technology applies full force in one cutting intersection.
- Waterproof: 8 foot depth for 24 hours.
- Proactive, scheduled voluntary maintenance to ensure continued accurate operation and to perform any applicable updates.
- Automatically tracks weather changes throughout the day and adjusts accordingly.
- Unit information accessible via control unit display:
- Flight counter
- Serial number
- Next possible maintenance date
- Select scale of feet or meters
- User-Selectable Activation Altitude
*Given that the CYPRES was correctly installed and that the parameters to warrant an activation were met, including but not limited to the loop being properly routed through the cutter. Per our current knowledge as of April 2023.
**If both maintenances have been performed within the scheduled time frame.