The X-Shut BASE is the basic element for all X-Shut attachment solutions. Its compact size and solid construction ensure a secure connection on flat or curved surfaces. The BASE can be simply attached with 5 screws or integrated into a surface. We offer a range of material options that can be mounted on to metal, carbon, plastic, wood, textiles, pipes, and other surfaces.
The logical counterpart to the X-Shut BASE, the X-Shut CROSS is a permanent attachment for devices, like a camera, GPS, or flashlight. If an installation is not possible directly, the X-Shut CROSS can be attached via corresponding housings, aluminum profiles, or device adapters manufactured for X-Shut. Let yourself be inspired by our countless application examples; we can figure out the best system for you.
Features of BASE & CROSS
- Easy to use. Quick release in seconds.
- Two elastic O-rings, which are inserted in the X-Shut CROSS, provide tension between the two closure halves. The quality feature prevents light vibrations and is particularly important for vibration sensitive devices like video cameras and measuring devices.
- The X-Shut CROSS has a locking point on each of its 4 edges allowing for flexible positioning in 90˚ increments.
- The 9 mounting holes with M3 thread guarantee an individual and flexible attachment, depending on device and equipment.
- The locking bolt of the BASE is made of stainless steel and is spring loaded. During the closing process, the bolt is automatically pushed aside. When the end position is reached, the bolt automatically locks into the notch of the X-Shut CROSS. Twisting without manual unlocking is not possible.
- The unlocking cord is loosely guided through an opening in the bolt. It has an extremely high abrasion resistance and break strength. It is also resistant to UV radiation and temperatures of up to 80˚ C.
- The X-Shut BASE carries the easily recognizable X-Shut.com logo. This guarantees authenticity and quality MADE IN GERMANY.